Hello VLE Participants!
We hope you are all getting excited for the 2018 Veterinary Leadership Experience (#VLE2018)! We’ve been creating some buzz about the upcoming event, posting little samples of what you may expect and some experiences from past participants. We hope you’ve enjoyed them. Now we’d like to share some thoughts on WHAT TO BRING, and hope this will help you prepare for your trip.
- Weather gear: Weather in Post Falls, Idaho can be unpredictable this time of year. Prepare for rain or shine, unexpected pop up showers, and for both cool and warm weather. Consider packing clothes you may wear in layers. We suggest a rain jacket, sweatshirt or fleece, and a hat for the sun.
- Sturdy footwear: We are outside walking and moving a lot. Feel free to pack your sandals for free time, but for many activities you’ll be required to have sturdy and solid footwear.
- Comfy clothes: The days are filled with activities both indoors and outdoors. Make sure you pack comfortable clothes. Of course elastic waistbands have the added benefit of providing you comfort room as you enjoy the terrific food.
- Active wear: Bring your favorite running shoes, swimsuit, and/or workout clothes. There’s always someone taking a morning run, doing Crossfit, Yoga, or swimming (weather permitting).
- Sundries: Pack some bug spray and sunscreen along with your toiletry products. You may also like a small flashlight for moving through camp after dark.
- Comforts of home: Student participants should bring a bath towel and sleeping bag (or twin sized bedding).
- Me-time: Bring an item to help you relax, recharge, and reflect after a long day, such as a good book to read, writing journal, or sketch pad.
- Mindset: Bring an open mind and willingness to learn. Remember, this experience will be what you make of it. Participate, engage, ask, listen, and stretch yourself. You may gain new perspective or a new friend.
- Share: We’d love for you to share your pictures, videos, and thoughts on Facebook or InstaGram @veterinaryleadershipinstitute using #vle2018. There will also be additional opportunities to join groups and stay connected after the event.
Lastly, don’t be afraid to ask – if you’ve forgotten something we will do our absolute best to help.
Travel safely, folks! We look forward to seeing you next week at #VLE2018.