Trek is a hands-on, immersive program developed by the Veterinary Leadership Institute (VLI) to help veterinary health care professionals better understand their leadership capacity so they can experience more fulfilling careers.
What is Trek?
Veterinary professionals work in a vibrant and engaging profession. However, sometimes the same things that capture our hearts and minds can also weigh us down. We can lose our focus, energy and enthusiasm for our professional and personal lives. No easy fixes or silver bullets can help us overcome these challenges. Change requires personal work, reflection and a supportive community within which we can grow. VLI Trek is about stepping off the treadmill and into community with like-minded colleagues, to discover and develop new capacities to engage in our work and in our lives.
What will happen at Trek?
VLI Trek participants will:
- Explore and build individual capacity for resilience and well-being.
- Deepen their understanding and practice of personal and servant leadership, emotional intelligence, communication skills, conflict management, and self-care strategies.
- Engage in peer-to-peer collaboration, network and community building, teamwork, and reflective practice.
- Experience an evidence-based, highly interactive curriculum involving an array of learning formats in a safe and trustworthy space.
- CE Credit-This program has been approved for 25 hours of continuing education credit in jurisdictions that recognize RACE approval.
- Are you curious about the Trek Schedule? Click here to see what we’re planning (subject to change).
VLI Trek 2022 is a five-day program from Monday to Friday, April. 4 to 8, 2022. It will be held at Ross Point Camp and Conference Center situated on the beautiful Spokane River in Post Falls, Idaho. Participants should plan to arrive at Ross Point Camp by 3 pm on Monday. The program will end at noon on Friday.
The registration fee is $3000 USD and includes tuition, accommodation (double occupancy) for 4 nights, and all meals. The deadline for registration is March 1, 2022. Registration is now open. Sign up HERE. Space is filled on a first come first served basis. Travel arrangements and costs are the responsibility of participants.
Participants should fly into Spokane Airport and then arrange ground transportation to Ross Point Camp and Conference Center which is about 40 minutes from the airport. Ground transportation options include rental car, shuttle from the airport to Post Falls, taxis and other customer-sourced transfer services (e.g. Uber, Lyft).